THE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. IT IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO ONLY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Ontario;
(b) be of the age of majority or older in Ontario at the time of entry;
- Employees of THEATRE AQUARIUS (referred to as the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, related companies, arm’s length companies, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members or persons domiciled with of any of the above mentioned employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Monday, March 20, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, March 31, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). After the end of the Contest Period the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER.
- (a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. These Contest rules and regulations are available online at. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(b) To enter, Complete the online entry form at “the Contest” website at www.maggiethemusical.com/special. Include your first name, last name, email address, complete mailing address, daytime telephone number, date of birth and age at time of entry, along with your 200 word story about Your Special Person. Entries become the property of THEATRE AQUARIUS and will not be returned to contestants. By submitting an entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non- exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; and (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry in favour of the Sponsors.
- All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, incompatible, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Grand Prize.
- Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsors deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsors in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
(a) Grand Prizes. There are twenty (20) grand prizes “Grand Prizes” (each, a “Grand Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winners (“Grand Prize Winners”). Each “Grand Prize” consists of:
(i) Two (2) tickets to the pre-show meet and greet with members of the creative team of MAGGIE at Theatre Aquarius at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, April 19, 2023. *Requests for substitutions will not be considered. Sponsors are not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Grand Prize and they are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of show cancellation/delay.
(i) Two (2) tickets to see the world premiere of MAGGIE at Theatre Aquarius at 7:30pm on Wednesday, April 19, 2023*
- Approximate retail value of each grand prize is $275.00 CDN. Actual value may vary based on location of tickets. All other expenses are the winner’s responsibility, including transportation, meals, parking fees, and gratuities.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Grand Prize: (i) Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash (no substitutions except at Sponsor’s option); (ii) the winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any; (iii) the costs of everything not specifically stated above as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest. (iv) if the winner (and guest) does not utilize any part(s) of the Grand Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place; (v) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to substitute the Grand Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsors’ sole discretion, a cash award.
- WINNER SELECTION.
Twenty (20) Winners shall be selected by a panel of judges on merit as follows:
(a) Winner(s) will be selected within approximately one week from the Contest Closing Date. Winner(s) name(s) will be published on the Website within approximately one week from the Contest Closing Date. Before being declared a Winner, each selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE AND OR EMAIL NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12, 2023 BY 6:00 PM AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, each selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification, and each selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsors within two (2) business days of such notification. If a selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be randomly selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- Winners will be required to confirm: (i) that they meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest and have complied with these Contest Rules; (ii) that they accept the Prize as offered; (iii) must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; (iv) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and/or arm’s length companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including, but not limited, to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; an (v) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winners’ and Guests’ name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering and/participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability, claims, demands, for any injuries, costs, expenses, losses or damages of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, including an allocable share of in-house lawyers’ fees and costs, which Licensee may suffer or incur by reason of any claim, action, demand, suit or proceeding (each a “Claim”) resulting from: (i) personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize; (ii) participation in the Contest; (iii) any breach of the Contest Rules, (iv) in any Prize- related activity; (v) the unauthorized use of the names, logos, copyright, trade names, patents, trade-marks or intellectual property of any person or entity by entrant; or (vi) any allegation or threatened allegation that the entrant’s participation in the Contest, any breach by entrant of the Contest Rules, or any entrant’s Prize-related activity infringes any intellectual property, personal, privacy or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Releasees assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, mis-directed or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Releasees are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Releasees are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or the Contest Website.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest the Contest Website, or any company website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any www.theatreaquarius.org property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Winners and Guests must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Grand Prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the Grand Prize locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the location, any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. By participating in the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address as provided on his/her Entry (“Personal Information”) only for the purpose of administering the Contest, including, but not limited, to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Instagram or any of their owners, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, parent companies, subsidiaries, attorneys, insurers, or associated corporations and entities.